Green Spring Clean
Published April 06, 2021
Spring is here and with that comes spring cleaning! Whether it’s decluttering, getting rid of the winter blues, or simply seeking a useful way to spend time during social distancing, spring cleaning is a tradition that requires some extra deep cleaning. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t be environmentally friendly while doing it. To help you get started we’ve included a couple tips and tricks:
- Use non-toxic cleaning products; vinegar is also a great multipurpose cleaner
- Repurpose dust rags from old clothing or socks
- Switch out paper towels for reusable towels
- Open the windows and stick to DIY essential oil fresheners or natural air fresheners
- Never throw away textiles! Please repair, donate, or recycle clothing, stuffed animals, bedding, curtains, etc. People’s City Mission will responsibly recycle or donate.
- If you haven’t used it in a few months it might be time to get rid of that item, but first, consider if it can be repurposed or donated to your local secondhand store.
- Finally, use our Recycling Guide to find out where you can responsibly recycle or dispose of everything from electronics to hazardous waste.