Why should you reduce, reuse, recycle, and compost?
- Save money and conserve resources
- Protect groundwater, air quality, wildlife habitat, and prevent greenhouse gas pollution
- Recycling creates an average of nine times more jobs than landfill. Composting creates at least twice as many and Reuse creates as many as 30 times more jobs than landfills.
- Composting reduces food waste in the landfill and improves soil health.
- The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries reported an economic impact of $495,182,700 in 2021 for Nebraska.
This Earth Day, please consider how you can further reduce your waste! And of course, reach out to NRC if you have any questions.