Hub & Spoke Recycling Project Expands West
This year’s grant will review 122 communities in 34 counties in south central and western Nebraska. As part of this grant, NRC will deliver:
- A published inventory of communities with access to recycling, recycling centers, and composting options.
- A review of regional haulers operating in the area, average cost of freight, and barriers to expanding service.
- Recommendation reports, action plans, and other planning resources for four communities to improve recycling systems throughout the area.
- Signage and education materials for recycling centers and drop off containers throughout the region.
- Regional meetings for glass and composting support as well as a review of the results of the survey and recommendations.
- Follow up meetings from previous regions to continue to improve recycling access and create efficiencies for limited rural budgets across the state.
This grant will complete a four-year assessment of all counties in Nebraska. You can see last year’s report on the 20 counties in southeast Nebraska on our website.