NRC Awarded 2021 NDEE Litter Reduction & Recycling Grant Award
The Nebraska Recycling Council has been awarded a Litter Reduction & Recycling (LRR) Grant for $74,638 by the Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy for our continued work in providing outreach, education, technical assistance, and support to maximize the economic and environmental benefits of resource recovery in Nebraska.
NRC’s core objectives for the 2021 LRR grant are:
- To support community and regional recycling systems with technical, educational, and consultation services.
- To support recycling service providers by offering small equipment grants, networking and learning opportunities, support for technical improvements, and supporting the development of recycling markets.
- To support the composting industry in Nebraska through Chapter Committee development, advocacy, outreach, and training.
- To provide business technical assistance in sustainable materials management by performing waste assessments, waste audits, zero waste facility program guidance, and training opportunities.
- To provide educational communication, training, and outreach to inform Nebraska residents and materials management professionals regarding best practices in resource recovery, waste reduction, reuse, and diversion.
- To expand recycling efforts for ag producers in Nebraska through research, planning, and development of statewide, year-round collection opportunities for ag plastics.
- To build capacity for strengthening and sustaining our mission with ongoing staff and board development, organizational development, and strategic relationships and stakeholder engagement.