NRC Seeks a Program Coordinator
The Nebraska Recycling Council (NRC) seeks a passionate and highly organized self-starter with exceptional planning, project management, and communications skills to serve as NRC’s Program Coordinator. This position will work closely with the Program Director to coordinate all phases of assigned programs in areas such as community and business materials management, education and community outreach, research, grant management, and technical assistance. This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position based in our office in Lincoln, NE.
Nebraska Recycling Council is a statewide, nonprofit, member-based organization dedicated to maximizing the economic and environmental benefits of resource recovery in Nebraska. We support best management practices for solid waste management and resource recovery in communities; build capacity in the recycling and composting industries; advocate for better policies; and provide technical assistance to individual, business, community and regional stakeholders.
- Research, develop, and implement programs designed to help communities achieve waste management and waste diversion best practices and goals.
- Prepare educational and informational materials such as planning reports, grant reports, guides, fact sheets, and website/social media content.
- Organize, promote, and facilitate educational and informational meetings for programs.
- Collaborate with a range of stakeholders to provide assistance, recommendations, and evaluation of recycling and waste management programs.
- Maintain records of project development to write and prepare grant reports.
- Participate in organizational meetings, events, and administrative functions of NRC, performing various duties as assigned that support the organization.
- Perform program services such as waste audits, waste reviews, and community consultation services.
- Assume responsibility of coordinating new programs and services as they are developed.
- Participate in defining project and program goals, and develop reporting procedures to monitor, evaluate, and review effectiveness in achieving goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate will be a creative problem-solver motivated to create solutions for maximizing the benefits of resource recovery. This role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex ideas into clear and compelling reports, articles, proposals, and presentations; and an ability to lead with a passion for working collaboratively with people from all walks of life to promote waste reduction and sustainability.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, natural resources, public administration, or a related field preferred; 4 years of equivalent work experience related to sustainability and/or recycling and solid waste programs may be substituted.
- Experience in developing, coordinating and implementing programs required.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities while coordinating workflow in a deadline-driven and solution-focused environment.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well alone as a self-starter who takes initiative, and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and environmental issues. Preference for experience in waste reduction and recycling programs.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift and carry at least 30 pounds
- Travel and overnight stays are required occasionally to work directly with community partners, attend trainings, and for conferences.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Google Docs.
Total Compensation Package:
Annual salary: $37,000
Benefits: NRC offers medical, dental, and life insurance; retirement benefits after one full year of employment; paid vacation, holidays, and flextime; continuous learning opportunities with trainings and conferences; and a great work-life balance!
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to Megan Jackson at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted through December 2nd.
NRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.