The Television Event Decades in the Making
It’s time the dangerous lead in your old television set entered The Twilight Zone. Recycle your old CRT (Cathode Ray Tubes) TVs, CRT monitors, and other electronics properly with FREE* recycling at a CRT Amnesty event happening near you!
* We are able to accept up to two (2) TVs or CRT computer monitors, or a combination thereof free of charge per participant per event. Additional TVs and CRTs will have a flat fee of $25 each.
What to expect at Crt amnesty events
Events can accept a limited volume of items and may end early if capacity is reached.
NOTICE OF FEES
We are able to accept up to two (2) TVs or CRT computer monitors free of charge per participant per event. Additional TVs and CRTs will have a flat fee of $25 each. Only Cash and Checks will be accepted. All other electronics are free of charge.
COVID-19 SAFETY RULES FOR RESIDENTS
Out of caution and care for all community members, residents shall follow the guidelines below.
- Materials to be recycled must be in the hatchback area or trunk of the vehicle.
- Remain in the vehicle with windows up and staff will unload for you.
- Masks are strongly encouraged, even if they are not required by your local health department. Please do your part to keep event staff and volunteers safe.
- Please be patient with event staff and volunteers as the line may move slower than normal to unload vehicles and assure appropriate spacing. Stay in your vehicle at all times.
Items You Should Bring
CRT Monitors & TVs*
Flat screen or Projection TVs*
Computer Towers/Monitors (the data will be securely transported and destroyed)
Laptops, tablets, and cell phones
Computer Accessories (keyboards/mice)
Audio/Visual Equipment (DVD/VHS/CD players, speakers, cameras)
Network Equipment (routers, modems, switches, servers)
Power supplies and cords
Small Household Appliances – NO MICROWAVES
Desktop printers/copiers (no large stand-alone office copiers)
Items You Shouldn’t Bring
No large appliances accepted such as freezer, washer, dryer, fridge
No microwaves (however, small appliances are acceptable)
No light bulbs
No medical equipment
No alkaline batteries
No mercury containing devices
No well pumps
No freon-bearing devices
No scrap containing asbestos
No machinery containing oil or gas
No loose toner cartridges
Wait…Why Can’t I Just Throw Them Away?
The Happy Days are gone for the ol’ family friend—legacy televisions with bulky cathode ray tubes (CRTs) contain lead, cadmium-based phosphorous, and other toxic heavy metals. Stored in basements and garages everywhere these old TVs aren’t a health threat. However, if the glass on a CRT breaks, it can release the lead and other materials in the air or ground.
Don’t let your CRT monitors and TVs get Lost in Space. Dispose of them properly with FREE recycling during the CRT Amnesty event.
Participating Cities Include