Recycling Access for People with Disabilities
The Nebraska Recycling Council is committed to increasing access to recycling services and resources for all Nebraskans.
Community Toolkit Accessibility Category, with accessibility documents
Our Current Initiatives:
- currently working on our website, to make it fully accessible.
- to provide alt text on photos and social media posts.
- Instead of paper educational handouts, to provide digital communications that can be read by a screen reader, if necessary.
- to encourage businesses, organizations and municipalities to offer recycling pick-up options for special collection events and curbside services, in case residents cannot drive or move items independently to a separate location.
- to advocate for making services and resources available to all citizens, including those with disabilities.
We thank the Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy for their grant support for this program.
If you have questions or would like to provide your experience recycling as a citizen with a disability, please reach out to Program Director Allison Majerus ([email protected]).