Online searches are quickly replacing phone books as a way to search for information. Studies show that 70% of adults “rarely or never” use a phone book. Yet they keep showing up on our doorsteps.
These directories are not only a nuisance, but a significant waste of resources:
- The phone books industry uses up an estimated 4.68 million trees worth of wood fiber every year.
- Printing and delivering that unwanted phone book to your doorstep produces greenhouse gases equal to burning 8.8 pounds of coal.
- Our local governments pay nearly $60 million annually in recycling and disposal fees for unwanted phone books.
By opting out of receiving a phone book, you can quickly reduce your environmental footprint. Fortunately, it’s free, easy, and takes just 3 minutes! How Do I Opt Out of my Phone Book?
1. Visit yellowpagesoptout.com
2. Enter your zip code and create an account
3. After completing registration, click “opt out of or order directories”
4. Choose “opt out of all” option, then “save changes” and hit CONFIRM