By Haley Nolde
NRC completed research projects, served as a resource for stakeholders, improved our skill sets, and strategized for 2024 by:
- Participating in the NDEE Climate Action Plan working groups to help influence priority planning to include improved waste diversion
- Maddie becoming TRUE zero waste certified
- Carina reached out to all the recycling centers in the state to update our records and offer support and resources
- Updating the State of Recycling storymap- new release coming soon!
- Drafting a comprehensive map to visually display everything from hub and spoke systems to recycling access
- Maddie completed a textile waste research project- check it out HERE
NRC was awarded grant funds from the Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy to continue public education and develop municipal toolkits. The toolkits will be a comprehensive resource to improve or start waste diversion programs. More to come!
NRC was awarded with grant funds for two different projects from the Nebraska Environmental Trust 1) to continue the Recycling Equipment Grant (REG) mini-grant program and 2) to host Durable Medical Equipment Rehome & Collection Events (DME). The DME project is a new program for us. In partnership with other organizations we plan to collect, rehome and recycle large durable medical equipment in Scottsbluff, Kearney, Lincoln and Omaha. Stay tuned for more details!